Thursday, June 18, 2009

Be an American... Not a-Rush-in

[With apologies to my Northern-Asian comrade brohams...]
I'll make this quick and -- hopefully -- simple:

Slow the Eff Down.

That's it. Not tricky. But SO MANY parties and raids are fail at this. They don't take the time to make sure everyone is on-board and ready to go. I don't know if it's arrogance, cockiness, stupidity, mental instability... it doesn't matter. Take the time -- before every pull -- to check on the following things:
  • Does the party know who the tanks are?
  • Does the party know what the healing assignments are?
  • Does the party know the special instructions/tasks for the imminent fight?
  • Are mana reserves full?
  • Is everyone buffed?
  • [Add your own common sense item here]
Taking the few minutes it requires to ensure the party is properly prepared can save a wipe, a run-back, people bailing, armor repair costs, frustration, dolphins from nets, second-guessing of strategy, and maybe a starving child in a third world nation (prove me wrong). Seems like it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Ok--now I'm not understanding.... First, you're saying that we should speed up...and now, slowit down? WTF???!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

    I'm re-rolling a mage.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm a fickle and demanding master.

    But I know how you like how that hurts...

    ReplyDelete